Managing a sustainable and smart transition successfully
How to successfully implement a sustainable and smart transition? The Smart City Institute proposes a comprehensive basic training course, combining both theory and, above all, practice, which will enable you to acquire the knowledge, skills and managerial tools you need to move your transition forward and make it a reality!
After 5 editions that enabled over 100 professionals to take action, our traditional Smart Cities Management training course is getting a makeover: in 2023, it's back with a new name, a new format, a new methodology and a new program to discover!
2023 EDITION : From 10 October to 21 November 2023 (5 days)
About the program
In order to better respond to today's and tomorrow's global and local challenges, this training course will raise the managerial stakes of the Smart Territory concept: how can we better understand the complexity of territories and improve their management? It will focus on the latest innovations in strategy, project management, monitoring and evaluation, change management, governance and citizen participation that will bring significant improvements in citizen well-being and sustainability.
What is the added value of this training for you and your organisation ?
- Understand the many managerial challenges of sustainable and smart territories and the role of different categories of players in this context.
- Be inspired by new solutions and innovative best practices related to the sustainable and smart transition of territories.
- Feed your thinking through collective intelligence.
- Equip yourself with strategic and managerial methodologies and tools for implementing "Smart Territory" initiatives.
For your organization
- Facilitate the definition and implementation of your organization's strategic challenges.
- Encourage the mobilization of the players involved.
- Promote the emergence of Smart Territory ambassadors who can disseminate the best practices learned.
- Develop and integrate a network of people and experts from the Smart Territory (Smart City/Smart Region) ecosystem in Belgium.
How is this course conceived and what does it offer?
A hybrid approach
This innovative, interactive training program combines theoretical scientific and academic content in asynchronous mode with practical application in face-to-face sessions.
A few hours' work beforehand..
Before each training day, participants will have to see for themselves the material and resources made available to them: readings, video capsules, preparations, etc. for around 2 to 3 hours of work per week.
This initial theoretical part is essential to prepare for the face-to-face days, entirely dedicated to exchanges and practical input.
... 5 days of face-to-face training in 8 modules (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) with :
- High-quality practical input from academic trainers andspeakers from the field,
- Case studies, collective intelligence sessions, workshops and concrete illustrations,
- Topics adapted to the needs and issues identified by our target audiences,
- A list of complementary scientific articles, available to participants who wish to further their knowledge in this field
Creating a community
For sharing content and exchanging experiences between participants, trainers, speakers and the Smart City Institute team. At the end of the program, a closing drink is also planned to encourage networking.
How are these days organized? Discover the calendar.
Part 1 - Strategic and operational management of your approach
|October 10, 2023
|Defuse blockages linked to prerequisites
|Assess your territory's level of maturity thanks to SCMM
|October 17, 2023
|Manage your Smart Territory projects efficiently using the SPMM
|Monitor and evaluate your Smart Territory strategy and projects
Part 2 - Smart Governance to support your transition
|November 7, 2023
|Manage change to become Smarter
|November 14, 2023
|Understand the governance mechanisms essential to your territory's digital transformation
|Understand the challenges of public-private collaborations and partnerships
|November 21, 2023
|Plan, organize and evaluate citizen participation
Who are the experts who contribute to the programme ?
Who is this training for ?
This training course is aimed at all key stakeholders in sustainable and smart territorial transition initiatives (public, private and academic sectors), whatever the size and/or nature (urban or rural) of the territory concerned.
Managers in charge of a territory's sustainable and smart transition (Smart City Manager or similar), political leaders and public decision-makers, mayors, ministers, general managers, department directors, etc.
Executives, department managers, financiers, entrepreneurs, engineers, etc.
Any qualified person working in the environment, mobility, energy, technology, agri-food, Smart City development sectors, etc.
Academic sector (all disciplines)
Architects, geographers, computer scientists, urban planners, environmentalists, sociologists, tax specialists, economists, etc.
What is the format, the location, the price, the certification and the language of the course ?
Certificate of attendance
Location and schedule
The 5 face-to-face days will take place from 9:00 to 17:00 at HEC Liège, rue Louvrex 14, 4000 Liège.
1490€ all-inclusive (including catering during face-to-face days and closing drink). This price is exempt from VAT in accordance with article 44 §2 4° of the VAT code)
The entire course is given in French
Any questions ? Feel free to contact us !