Discover the strengths of the programme, in less than 4 minutes
Smart Cities Management
How to set up a Smart City strategy or project? The Smart City Institute offers you a complete basic continuing education course, combining both theory and practice, which will enable you to acquire the knowledge, skills and managerial tools to move your ideas forward and make them a reality!
Designed for territorial actors, whether from the private or public sectors, or urban or rural areas, this continuing education course focused on Smart City Management has already enabled more than 95 professionals to take action since 2017.
2021 edition : From 05 October to 24 November 2021 (8 days)
About the programme
What is the added value of this training for you and your organisation ?
- To understand the many challenges of smart territories and the role of technology in this context.
- To be inspired by new solutions and innovative practices, linked to the 6 dimensions of the smart city.
- To discover innovation and creativity processes.
- To equip oneself with strategic and managerial tools for the implementation of Smart Cities projects.
For your organisation
- Facilitate the definition of your organisation's strategic issues and their implementation.
- Encourage the mobilisation of the concerned actors.
- Promote the emergence of Smart City ambassadors who will be able to disseminate the good practices learned.
- Develop and integrate a network of people and experts from the Smart City ecosystem in Belgium.
How is this course conceived and what does it offer?
A balanced mix of theory and practice
In addition to theoretical presentations to introduce the different concepts, this continuing education course, which is very practical, also offers presentations of best practices, workshops, practical exercises and case studies.
5 days composed of 10 modules (09:00 - 17:00), with
- a high quality theoretical and practical contribution thanks to the intervention of an academic speaker and a practitioner speaker. Discover our academic experts in the brochure
- case studies and concrete illustrations
- topics and themes adapted to the needs and problems detected among our target audiences
- one mandatory reading per module, to be read beforehand in order to prepare the face-to-face session and thus allow a better understanding of the subject.
- a list of complementary scientific articles, accessible to participants who wish to continue to deepen their knowledge in this field
The participants will work in multidisciplinary groups throughout the training to address concrete issues encountered in Smart Cities approaches. These projects will be proposed and chosen by the participants during the first day.
3 days of creativity
In order to help the participants to move forward in their practical projects, think "out of the box" and provide them with the tools necessary to concretise and finalise them.
Presentation of the final projects
To the speakers and experts of the course, followed by a networking moment.
Creation of a community
For content sharing and experiences exchange between participants and the Smart City Institute.
How does this training unfold ? Discover the 2021 calendar.
8 sessions from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm : the first 5 composed of 10 modules, the last 3 entirely dedicated to creativity and practical projects. In addition to the ten modules proposed, the first 5 sessions will be punctuated by work sessions on transversal projects (one hour per day).
Who is this training for ?
Executives, department managers, financiers, entrepreneurs, engineers, etc.
Any qualified person working in the sectors of environment, mobility, energy, technology, food processing, Smart Cities developments, etc.
Managers in charge of the urban and economic development of cities, the design of new cities and innovation, political leaders and decision-makers, mayors, ministers, general directors, department directors, etc.
Academic sector (all disciplines)
Architects, geographers, computer scientists, urban planners, environmentalists, sociologists, tax specialists, economists, etc.
What is the format, the location, the price, the certification and the language of the course ?
Certificate of participation
Format & location
In order to provide an optimal training environment, we prefer a traditional face-to-face format ( at HEC Liège). However, if the sanitary conditions of the moment require it, we do not exclude switching partially or totally to a distance format → To be confirmed in accordance with the sanitary norms in application
1990€ excluding VAT for the 8 training days (catering included). Please note for the private sector: Company cheques are eligible for our continuing education.
The entire course is given in French.
With the support of Wallonia in the framework of its Digital Wallonia programme